Meet the Peas in a Pod Reusable Bamboo Cotton Pads 🌱
Say hello to the newest members of our Pretti5 family!
In this three-part series, we'll introduce our De-Puff! Rose Quartz Jade Roller Tool, Restore! Rose Quartz Gua Sha Tool, and Peas in a Pod Reusable Bamboo Cotton Pads. We’ve combined ancient TCM wisdom with the latest environmentally-friendly technology to bring you the best of clean, sustainable beauty.
Peas in a Pod Reusable Bamboo Cotton Pads
A sustainable skincare routine is the first step to beauty from the inside out! In this post, you'll learn about why we made the switch to reusable makeup remover pads, the benefits of bamboo, and how to care for your Peas in a Pod Reusable Bamboo Cotton Pads.
Peas in a Pod Reusable Bamboo Cotton Pads (HK$118)
Clean vegan beauty is all about caring for our skin along with our planet. The average person uses over 80,000 cotton pads in their lifetime: imagine all the waste that creates! To make matters worse, cotton pads are bleached and non-biodegradable, meaning they can spend over 100 years sitting in landfills.
Photo by Antoine GIRET on Unsplash
Additionally, commercially-grown cotton is doused with some of the most harmful pesticides used in agriculture. Over 10% of all pesticides in the world are used on cotton, and some of them—such as aldicarb and methamidophos—were originally formulated as chemical warfare agents with devastating effects on the human body. These pesticides can also poison farm workers and contaminate water sources, causing long-term environmental damage.
Reusable makeup remover pads can last for years and are a great way to take care of your wallet, too!
Bamboo textile is a soft, cloth-like material made from bamboo. Not only is it vegan and biodegradable, but it’s also naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial, making it an eco-friendly beauty pick. Bamboo is also ultra-renewable; it’s been recorded to grow almost a meter in a day!
Bamboo is native to regions of Asia, Australia, and the Americas, where it's used as a cooling component in herbal TCM remedies. In Hong Kong, this versatile material is also a common alternative to metal scaffolding:
Photo by Thomas Timlen on Flickr
Did you know? Bamboo is actually a type of grass, and one of the fastest-growing plants in the world!
Our favorite things about the Peas in a Pod Reusable Bamboo Cotton Pads:
- Super soft on sensitive or delicate skin—perfect for dirt or makeup removal after a long day.
- Washing machine-friendly, for simple and convenient care and reuse. They become even more absorbent after a few washes!
- They come with a mini mesh bag for safe storage or travel: take your clean beauty routine with you on the go.
How to Use:
Photo by Rebecca Cairns on Unsplash
Always wash your brand-new Bamboo Cotton Pads before use.
- Place in a mesh laundry bag and machine wash with warm water (no detergent, stain remover, or bleach, please!)
- Air dry if possible to keep them in tip-top condition.
- Pour a moderate amount of Antioxidant Hydrating Toning Essence on a Bamboo Cotton Pad. (Check out our application guide for more toner tips and tricks!)
- Gently sweep the Bamboo Cotton Pad across your cheeks and forehead, avoiding the delicate eye area.
Rinsing your Bamboo Cotton Pad in warm soapy water immediately after use will help it last longer!
Photo by Andreas Haslinger on Unsplash
This post is part of a series on our newest products:
- For a holistic remedy that'll heal from the inside out, try the De-Puff! Rose Quartz Jade Roller Tool.
- Alternatively, dissolve any tension and tightness with the Restore! Rose Quartz Gua Sha Tool.
- To fully embrace eco-sustainable skincare, check out our Peas in a Pod Reusable Bamboo Cotton Pads.
Written by Fion Tse